Wednesday, May 8, 2013



Different Roads Blog Stop by Lori L. Clark
Synopsis:
It's been said that when we look back over our lives, we are able to recognize the pivotal moments that in some way, shape, or form have led us to where we are today.

When Jacqueline Carter is fifteen, she crosses paths for the first time with Seth Thomas, a young man who unwittingly alters the direction of her life forever.

Jaq plans to break-up with her boyfriend on her sixteenth birthday. Instead, she is date-raped, and left emotionally broken. She builds a  wall around her heart and begins spiraling downward on a road filled with drinking, drugs and physical abuse.
When Seth re-enters her life a few years later, the walls around her heart slowly come down and the two of them fall in love.

Unfortunately sometimes, fate has other ideas, and we're forced down a different road from which we initially set out.


Dee's Review:
I can honestly say I don't have words for this yet. So bear with me. I am still pretty mad after reading this book. Not that it wasn't a good book, it was,  but it elicited so much anger from me. And I mean like I wanted to throw down and fight for this girl. I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her. Some strength.

I swear our Jaq is like an asshole magnet. It starts from her first, and all the players just roll in from there. Our good guys don't seem to stick around for too long... circumstances don't allow for it. But then she meets Seth and things are supposed to change. I should be happy, right?!!?  Wait for it... Wait for it....

I'm not telling if it made me happy, because I'm not truly sure. I'm still trying to figure it out. But after Seth, we meet Damon. The typical bad boy. Except this bad boy is the reason for my anger. YOU NEVER HIT A WOMAN! ugh! Seth always seems to save her, he's her white knight. I found myself looking for him at every turn. But by the time we really need him, it may be too late. She is sucked into the tornado called Damon. I can say I was angry. I am pretty sure I still am. I am angry at her for taking it and making excuses for it to be ok. I am SUPER angry at him for laying a finger on her. I am even angry at her friends for one tiny lapse in time. I am angry at Seth for walking away.  This is seriously how I felt at the end. Like I could stomp my feet and scream.

 I will leave it at that. Yes, I was even mad at the end. I think I stayed in a constant state of mad.
I have to give this book 3.5 stars. Not for any reason other than the end... and the abuse. Now I'm mad again. 


AUTHOR BIO
I read, I write, I run 1/2 marathons for fun. Ten things about me:

1. I'm an only child.
2. I love dogs!
3. I was born in Iowa City, Iowa and lived in Iowa my whole life until January 2007.

4. I worked as a professional psychic reader for 2 years.
5. I'm a Pisces Sun, Leo Moon with Aquarius rising.
6. I've written 5 books and am in the process of brainstorming a 6th.
7. I don't look or act my age!
8. I ran my first 1/2 marathon at age 50.
9. I love 80's hair band music.
10. My day job is as a claims payment analyst for one of Fortune 500 Magazine's "Top 100 places in America to work."

You can find Lori on her websitegoodreadsfacebook, and twitter

Different Roads can be purchased at Amazon // smashwords // B&N.  You can also find it on Goodreads


2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! This was a tough read... and everyone either loved the ending or crucified me over it. :) Thank you for the review and for doing to tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh violence to women riles me up too--word of advice: stay away from Taken by Erin Bowman! This sounds like a tough but good read though I'm glad you liked it regardless of the violence. I love how writing this review pissed you off again haha. And those gifs are awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete